Advertising agencies report increased business
November 20 2015 |
News | Blogs
A new survey in the US shows that 53% of advertising agencies are reporting business is increasing.
The agencies were asked: Did you see your business increase or decrease compared with the same period last year?
Other highlights of the survey:
- 40% of agencies plan to hire extra staff in the second half of this year, the highest in the survey's five years.
- Nevertheless, attracting new clients is now the top challenge for 33% of agencies.
- 71% report more interest in streaming / online video because of improved ROI, partially due to increased confidence in more accurate targeting and increased reach.
- 40% of agencies are making at least 20% of their buys programmatically.
- 32% of agencies say they are more focused on digital than any other medium.
- Facebook is top social media choice for 96% of agencies, a 14% increase from a year ago. YouTube is second at 68%, followed by Twitter in third at 53%. Instagram jumped into the fourth spot for the first time as top social media choice for 40% of agencies, surpassing LinkedIn (28%).
The survey was carried out by a media buying software company.